Madeline L. Smith
I graduated from the University of Colorado Boulder with a bachelor’s degree in communication during the winter of 2013. In May of 2020, I completed an ABA-approved Paralegal Studies program at Arapahoe Community College in Littleton.
I began as a paralegal at Tuthill & Hughes in July of 2018. Since joining the firm, I have learned that I find great satisfaction in perfecting an estate plan or assisting a client with the seemingly overwhelming process of estate administration.
- Draft wills, trusts and medical directives, such as living wills, medical powers of attorney and statutory powers of attorney for property
- Prepare and e-file all necessary court documents to probate a will and commence estate administration
- Communicate with clients regarding the status of the administration of an estate or an estate planning matter
- Assist with the funding of trusts by re-titling real property by preparing and recording a deed or by assisting with title changes of other assets
- Prepare estate tax returns and gift tax returns
- Update beneficiary designations
- Form family businesses